About Grand Seiko SBGJ233G
Grand Seiko Sport Collection
The Grand Seiko Sport Collection ceramic models
The case and bracelet are executed with a combination of high-intensity titanium and ceramic elements, ensuring robustness and supreme comfort.
This watch houses the Caliber 9S86, the high precision 10-beat mechanical movement.
Grand Seiko SBGJ233G Features :
- 24-hour hand (dual time display function)
- 37 jewels
- Against an allergic reaction to metal
- Calendar-linked time difference adjustment function
- Date display
- Screw case back
- Screw-down crown
- See-through case back
- Stop seconds hand function
Grand Seiko SBGJ233G History :
Prior to 1960, to challenge the status of Swiss watches and change the perception of Japanese watches, Daini Seikosha and Suwa began the discussion of a product line that can match the quality of Swiss watches under the suggestion of the parent company. At the time, Suwa Seikosha Co. was in charge of manufacturing men’s watches, so it was decided that Suwa would be producing the first Grand Seiko (GS).
The first Grand Seiko was released in 1960, it was based on Seiko’s previous high-end watch, CROWN. This Grand Seiko has a 25-jewel, manual-winding, 3180 caliber, and only 36,000 units were produced. This was also the first chronometer-grade watch manufactured in Japan, and it was based on Seiko’s own chronometer standard.
The design language of the Grand Seiko was set in 1967, with the creation of Grand Seiko 44GS. The 44GS set the ground for all future Grand Seiko with nine elements. These elements help improve the legibility of the watch under different situations, and create a sharp, crisp visual impression:
- Double width index at 12 o’clock
- Multi-faceted rectangular markers
- Highly polished bezel
- Highly polished planes and two-dimensional surface
- Half recessed crown
- Flat dial
- Multi-faceted hour and minute hands
- Curved side line
- Reverse slanted bezel wall and case side
- Dress style with simple but beautiful design
- Zaratsu polishing
source : wikipedia